Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Feelin' all right

What an amazing good day I'm having today! Aside from the rain, that is, but since it's rained more days the last two months than it hasn't, I'm getting used to it.

Anyway. Back to the good day stuff. It's been a while since I had one. My most prevalent MS symptoms have been neuropathic pain and extreme fatigue. Not so easy to work part-time and parent a 3 and 5 year-old, but I have an amazing spouse. I work two days a week one week, four the next. I'm just off my 4 day week and it normally takes me the 3 days that I have in between to recover, but today is only day 2 and I'm up and about and actually cleaning. Well, more like destroying then putting each room back. Why is it that cleaning requires making a bigger mess than when you started?

I don't clean much any more. I have a cleaning lady that comes every other week, so my job is just to keep things tidy in-between. I clean the kitchen and bathroom, but try to avoid everything else. Vacuuming (which I tend to take on when I'm having a good day - like today) will have me lying in bed with back spasms the next day. Guess I've learned to prioritize. ~s~

Anyway, I'm motivated because we are having houseguests next weekend, so I'm trying to clean out the guest room/laundry room. Yup, I'm putting the guests in with the laundry. Hell, that's nothing. Both my girls used it as a nursery when they were babies. We only had the one bedroom and the laundry, so when the first kid came along, we curtained off the laundry stuff, and made the rest of the room into a nursery. When the second came along, we converted the garage into a playroom, foyer and bedroom for the girls. They both share the bedroom now.

Anyway. Back to the good day. My 5 year-old is in school and the 3 year old is at the babysitters'. Every now and then I send her to the sitters on my day off to get some rest. Today I didn't seem to need it, so I'm puttering. Could be that my mom had her yesterday and I slept most of the day away. I'm lucky to have my mother and mother-in-law close by - they are huge help with the girls when I'm fatigued. I even have my 80-something grandparents right upstairs in a pinch. We have a duplex, and my grandparents are our tenants. Perfect all around.

I guess I'd better get some things finished, because I'd like to go do some shopping before my body shuts down. And I know it will. If I go straight through without a nap of some sort, I'll crash right around dinner time. And I'd like to spend some time with my family, so I'll try to fit a rest in there somewhere.

Got to go. Interestingly, I see that there are a lot of bloggers with MS. I have a lot of reading to do. I'd love to find out how other people are coping with their symptoms.

No comments: