Thursday, February 22, 2007


Me again. That old proverbial hole again. This is the first time that I've sat down at the computer since my last post. Which means that I haven't been paying bills either.. so I've done that first. I'm not sure why I'm the one in charge of the bills, but I've always been and now it's so routine that Rob just assumes that it's all looked after. Ooops. Better late than never.

Was at the doctor yesterday to see if he could help along the LTD application. Every time the case worker calls he says they don't have enough information to go on and grills me on what my symptoms/problems are that keep me from working. He has my entire medical record now.. what more than MS, Chronic pain and extreme fatigue does he want? I end up in tears, frustrated and humiliated after each phone call. Finally I told him that my husband would talk to him next time, so I had to wait for him to mail me a release of information/confidentiality form to sign (because my verbal consent wasn't enough for him and I couldn't just pass the phone over - good grief).

I also told the doc that a friend of ours, an RT has offered to fit me for a mask for R's grandma's C-PAP machine. Rob has noticed that I stop breathing in the night quite a bit. The doc jumped on that, said he's refer me to a sleep lab right away. Possibly that could be all that it would take to get back some energy. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Wouldn't it also be frustrating that it could have been resolved sooner if I'd only thought of this before?

I also need bloodwork drawn to check thyroid, etc. God, I'll feel stupid if I've just been putting up with the fatigue as another MS thingie if it turns out to be another totally treatable medical problem.

Oh, yeah, we've sold the house! We did some frantic (well, Rob did) fix-ups - new bathroom, fixed wiring and ductwork, new furnace, painting.. then put the house on the market. One day later, we had 3 groups come through and 3 offers over asking price that night. We accepted the best offer the next day. Now we have to be out by May 1. Homeless..

I thought our house might be on the market forever because of the granny flat, but apparently not. We plan to build, but won't even be able to lay a foundation until spring, so we're, well, screwed. We'll probably have to move in the R's parents in the meantime. Haven't told them that yet.. They have a large unfinished basement, so R is considering finishing it quickly and we'd use it as our own private family area. We'd still share the kitchen and sleep upstairs, but would have a spot to get away on our own. Maybe. We'll see.

We have an offer in on a little power of sale house that R thinks he can flip quickly. Its cute, just needs some touch-ups and a new kitchen. If we get it, we'll turn around and list it again in 3 weeks. R has some time right now with the winter slow down, and we might as well make some extra money if we can. I'm good for the paint/decor decisions, R does all the contractor work.

Best get the oldest ready for the bus.